Filed under: Tips & Tricks
Author: Nischal Shetty
If you want to prevent other users of your PC from viewing your mails in Outlook then you can easily do so by setting a password for your outlook folders.
- From the menu options at the top, Select Go
- Right-click the Personal Folders folder and then click Properties For Personal Folders .
- On the General tab, click on the Advanced button.
- Since this is the first time you are setting a password for your outlook folders, leave the Old Password field blank. Enter the password you want to set in the New Password and Verify Password fields.
- There is an option Save this password . If you select it, then outlook will save the password and not prompt you for it again. I guess the reason why you want to set the password is to prevent other users from accessing your mails in outlook. So deselect this option. If you deselect the option then every time outlook is started, a password prompt appears.